Sprite Animation

 


















     This assignment was to turn ourselves into game heroes similar to the 8-bit game characters using Adobe software. We were given permission to illustrate or create characters or use videos of ourselves to create this animation. We had to have five different poses with eight animated instances and place them all into one large sprite sheet. Then, we animated the sprite sheet using JavaScript on the canvas object.  

     For this assignment, I used my roommate Nick, and we did three different dancing videos each, which I then exported as individual images, cleaned each image in Photoshop, and edited into short animations. My sprite animation was a recreation of a dance party in our dorm room. I had three different background images, a disco ball with stars, and music to emphasize the dance's theme and the sprite animation. My sprite sheet had 24 characters in each action, with six actions animated in different spots on the canvas, so they only appeared when the user moved the mouse around. I used various X and Y coordinates for each animation, the three backgrounds, and the stars around the disco ball to incorporate user interaction and different rooms and dance moves each time. I enjoyed this project because creating the idea was fun, and it challenged my skills in multiple software. 



*** The audio could not be played in the background due to copyright reasons. The song that plays in the background is I Wanna Dance With Somebody by Whitney Houston. 


Comments