Animation

 



This assignment was to create sixty-second animation with a minimum of six hundred frames at ten frames per second. We were encouraged to use rotoscoping techniques to generate the animation. We edited each frame in Photoshop using different methods, such as object masking and brushes, and then exported it to Adobe Premiere to edit the animation together.


We also were required to add audio to our animation through GarageBand to generate sound effects and loops to create a music soundtrack to implement in the final animation. The audio was required to blend with the images displayed on the screen, make the viewer understand what they were seeing, and make the animation more meaningful.


In my animation, I used rotoscoping techniques to trace old videos of myself from when I was a cheerleader stunting and tumbling. I introduced these clips through a drawing of me reminiscing on the days when I was in the gym all day, every day. I showed myself thinking about these times, and then it faded into the animated clips of me doing multiple different skills. I chose to do different colors for each new skill to make the animation fun to watch, and I added upbeat music that went along with the clips to further the animation. Although this project was very stressful and time-consuming, I enjoyed the challenge and how it allowed me to remember the days when I was doing the sport I loved.



Comments