Kinetic Typography

 










     This assignment was to choose a pre-existing text and convert it into an interactive kinetic artwork using multiple different fonts and elements. We could only use text, words, or characters to create the artwork with canvas objects in Adobe Dreamweaver. 

     For this assignment, I was inspired by a puzzle piece to create an artwork about individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). I have worked with children with special needs many times, and it felt right to devote an art piece with words describing them and this disorder's traits and create a beautiful piece from it. I used different fonts and colors to have words such as strength, love, brave, courage, and awareness that then melted into the puzzle piece to fill it, and the letters that spelled Autism would fill each piece as you drag your mouse over it. The letters were filled with the acronym that follows along this disorder: Always Unique, Totally Intelligent, Sometimes Mysterious. I really enjoyed this project because it related to a group of individuals who have positively impacted my life, and I enjoyed challenging my artistic skills in their honor. 



Comments