Documentary

 





   This assignment was to create a three to five-minute documentary on a topic of our choice with one to three minutes of b-roll, respectively. We were given access to Adobe Premiere to create this project and needed to include transitions, credits, and audio files to the video. 

   For this assignment, I created a documentary of my roommate Claire Jones, a trained runner competing in races her entire life. She grew up running as her parents were runners, and she has brought this skill with her to college. She explains the hardships she has faced with running in college, how she balances her work, how she got into running, and where she wants it to take her. I interviewed Claire and went on a few runs with her to gather footage. Then, I placed all the video and audio files into Adobe Premiere and edited the documentary with transitions, background music, pictures, and text. I enjoyed this project because it allowed me to challenge my filming and editing skills and see the inside scoop on running and how it has impacted Claire's life.

Comments