Autoscopy Project

100% Dither 

75% Dither

50% Dither

25% Dither

0% Dither

2 Colors, 100% Dither

Mac OS, 4 Colors, 0% Dither

Greyscale, 100% Dither

4 Colors, 0% Dither



This assignment was to take a picture of our faces and transform it into something we never knew about ourselves. We were challenged to use filters or previously created backgrounds generated through other softwares to develop a representation of something we feared, were passionate about, or something that stayed on our minds. We turned the Photoshop file into a JPEG at 100, 75, 50, 25, and 0 percent Dither and generated other GIFs with additional filters and colors to explore their effect on a piece. 


In my image, I portrayed my struggles with choosing a career path for my future. My Father's side of the family is in the medical field, and my mother's side is wrapped up in the business industry. I had many people pulling me in opposite directions, and I was conflicted with what field I should choose to start my career path. The black and white image of me with the staggering outlines displays that I am only a teenager, and the stress of my future plans weighs a lot on my shoulders. I enjoyed this project because it allowed me to express my feelings through digital creation and gave me the freedom to make something severely impacting my life. I feel this image portrays my conflicted emotions, and I am very proud of the final product. 


By turning the Photoshop file into different percentages and colors, it is clear to see how the quality and colors of an image can severely change them. While the message portrayed in the piece remains the same, the colors change the appearance drastically, and I enjoyed seeing the difference minor edits can make in the bigger picture.


Comments